Here’s another rag-tag bunch of the sorts of things that have been happening around the region in the past week. As ever, if it’s not on here then add it in the comments.
And don’t forget that the next Birmingham Social Media Cafe is next week – Friday 27 August at the Coffee Lounge from 10am.
- Film Forum WM awarded funding by Screen WM – “from now on we’re going to take FFWM up a notch, considerably”
- Birmingham Mail launches Communities project | Talk About Local – “Today, the Birmingham Mail lifted the covers off Birmingham Mail Communities, a hyperlocal area of the Mail website which we hope will bring us much closer to the city’s hyperlocal community”. This is on the TAL website and the use of first person confused me until I saw the author is the Mail’s David Higgerson
- Birmingham Post – Business – Business News – Creative industries – New face at McCann Erickson Birmingham – “Gray Dudek is joinging the firm in a board level position as managing director of McCann-i”. In other news, Andrew Bowyer’s also joined from Clusta
- Council spending on websites – “What happens when a council spends £2.8m on its website?” Nice visualisation on the Guardian Datablog
- Community news, local information and events from the Birmingham Mail – The Birmingham Mail are syndicating content from hyperlocal blogs around the city
- Be2Camp Brum 2010 | Meshed Media – Big write-up from the event with photos and videos
- Substrakt – Andy says “I attended and presented at Birmingham’s be2camp yesterday at the Library Theatre” and here’s his write-up
- Big Button | Blog | 10 tips to get marketing results from online video – Informative.
- Birmingham Post – Staffordshire software firm handed US government contract – “Instem has signed a contract for an initial two-year period with the US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, worth over £420,000″
- Birmingham Post – Hi-tech firms get chance to expand into Canada – “UK Trade & Investment’s Coventry & Warwickshire international trade team is organising a market visit to Toronto and Waterloo for West Midlands Information and Communications Technology (ICT) companies from September 27 to October 1″
- StickyWorld – Exhibition Rooms – All the presentations from Be2Camp
- transphorm.me – “Transphorm.me helps you make a change in your life, track your progress with points and rewards, and share your progress with friends” Mark Steadman’s submission for Django Dash
- Supersonic ) News )) Supersonic Festival Last.FM Radio Channel – “today’s the day we launch our Supersonic Last.FM radio channel”. Excellent.
Got any news that we missed? Add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.