Lots of links to stuff:
- Top Media Agencies – NMA | Top 100 – New Media Age have published their list of the country’s top digital agencies, ranked by income. The West Midlands has the fewest of any region – just Freestyle Interactive keeping our end up. That’s it
- Birmingham Post – Places still available at free IT seminar – “The Optimise IT event at Villa Park on Thursday is hosted by OGL Computer in support of Birmingham St. Mary’s Hospice. The seminar will focus on disaster recovery, virtualisation technology and eCommerce and web marketing”
- Gamer Camp: Nano – Switchboard – Interesting scheme to get people making games with some good mentoring on offer
- Take a sneak peek around our new offices! | BARQUES BLOG – Barques welcome us into their lovely home
- Opportunity for filmmakers to screen their films as part of Hello Digital 2010 – Producers’ Forum have “a space at The Custard Factory Theatre, which seats 100 people on 21st and 22nd October from noon -18:30″. Give them a shout if you want to submit a film or two
- Screen WM – Enter The Digital Den – 3 Steps to High Growth Investment – “a specially tailored programme of intensive workshops and pitching sessions that will focus on getting your business investment-ready and putting you in front of high-growth investors”
- 500 people involved in Social Media Surgery – plus….. | Podnosh – “Between you, you have set up social media surgeries in 38 different towns cities or neighbourhoods in 5 different countries (plus some others coming). You’ve run or set up 76 different events”
- Sunday Times Microsoft Tech Track 100 list three companies from the West Midlands – Those being bet365 (Stoke-on-Trent), Probrand (Birmingham) and Entanet International (Telford).
- Arts Industry » Feature preview » Forging film’s British future – The Big Vault – “a new £25m centre for the conservations of the volatile and priceless archive of 150,000 film and and 200,000 TV programmes it holds. Work has already started on it, and it will open in the West Midlands late in 2011″
- Pecha Kucha Birmingham, UK Channel on Vimeo – Vids from the first night
- 383 Project » A weekend of fashion – On and offline work for Style Birmingham
Got any news that we missed? Add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.