Lots of good news this week – big hires, big projects, big funding wins. Who cares about the grotty weather?
- Fanning the flames of GovSpark | Podnosh – A government website knocked together in (well) under 48 hours – “Josh Hart coded like a lunatic and the talented and calm Ryan Dean-Corke of Substrakt sorted out some visuals for us.”
- Birmingham Post – CivicoLive receives funding boost from creative fund – “CivicoLive secured the investment from venture capital fund Creative Advantage Fund with the help of the Entrepreneurs for the Future (e4f) programme at Birmingham Science Park Aston (BSPA)”
- Freestyle Interactive swells account management team – News – THE DRUM – “Joining the business, which is the largest digital specialist agency in the Midlands, are Mark Tennant, Angel Gibbons and Paul Thomas, all of whom are joining on the back of several new business wins”
- New website commissioned to promote Westfield Shopping Centre – News – THE DRUM – “A new website is to be developed for Westfield shopping centre, having appointed Birmingham creative agency Tomorrow People to handle the project”
- AHP picks Rhubarb for Birmingham home – News – THE DRUM – “AHP Design has opened its office in the centre of Birmingham’s creative quarter”
- John Dean named creative director of Clusta – News – THE DRUM – “Dean joins the Birmingham-digital agency having worked at Saatchi & Saatchi and WCRS before launching Addition Marketing. Also joining are Emily de Groot, previously at M&C Saatchi and Proximity, and FullSIX’s Neil Brice”
- “Up to” 40mb/s broadband for central Birmingham « D’log – “BT has just announced fast broadband upgrades for central Birmingham”
- Début | Update September 2010 – What they’ve been up to in the past month
- Logging on With… for Hello Digital – Interview with Raj Mack, head of Digital Birmingham
- Cecelia Ahern AR Campaign | Stickee – “We have just launched an Augmented Reality campaign for Harper Collins’ best selling author Cecelia Ahern”
- Birmingham Post – Birmingham City Council spent thousands hunting software that didn’t exist – How many thousands? 300 of them. That’s impressive
Got any news that we missed? Add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.