Here’s the first of the promised link round-ups with a focus on West Midlands digital/tech/social media news.
- Timely Information for Citizens – round up – Digital Birmingham – Pretty much as it says in the link
- Big Button Showreel – Big Button have a new showreel of stuff they’ve been producing
- Moving on… | The Moseley Exchange – Story of Studio Bonito, a digital creative agency that started at Moseley Exchange and is now moving up to Birmingham Science Park
- News | ORB Creative – ORB Creative have been named as branding consultants for the Birmingham Repertory Theatre
- Switchboard – World-class connections for the West Midlands – “Switchboard is a network of organisations from the screen, digital, media and music industries in the West Midlands”. One to watch. (Disclosure – I’ve been invited on this)
- Starting your own Web Development Business – Multipack – Lots of helpful advice on the Multipack forum
- appliedeventology – Life Science Event Listings – Interested in medical/tech stuff? There’s a few events coming up around the West Mids, listed here
- Digbeth Day Afternoon – Rare – Blog – “So yesterday some of us went over for our first look at the new Rare Birmingham facility”
- Birmingham Post – Microsoft’s Rare Games starts work on Kinect technology at Digbeth studio – “Rare Games take Anna Blackaby on a tour of the Birmingham hub which will be working on Microsoft’s pioneering motion-sensing gaming experience”
- [Event] Producers’ Forum, 21 July at the MAC – With Suzie Norton, Screen WM CEO, and her Senior Management team delivering a presentation on Screen WM’s 2010-11 strategy and the next phase of support for the West Midlands Film community
Got anything good that we missed? Add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.