Thanks to everyone who came down for the Birmingham Social Media Cafe this morning – a good turnout with some new faces, some good chats and (dare I say it) a couple of interesting opportunities emerging for one or two people. That’s what we like to (over)hear!
The next meet-up will be at the same time and place on Friday 24 September, with a few exciting extras to be announced – details will be up soon.
A slightly shorter round-up of links this week – people must either be on holiday or sheltering from the rain. Or both.
- What would you show from Birmingham to demonstrate how the web can do local better than local tv? | Podnosh – “What is happening here (and in other parts of the country and the world) has in it the start of what the government should really nurture instead of Local TV”
- Screen WM – Driving innovation and excellence in screen media : News – “The Awards are an ideal opportunity to showcase companies and give recognition to their teams for all their hard work and effort.”
- Switchboard survey | Created in Birmingham – Very short survey about the kind of support companies and people in the creative/digital/media might want
- LoTR Online for free « D’log – Codemasters’ Lord of the Ring Online will be free-to-play from 10 September
- 383 Project » New Faces at 383 – Lots of new people have been joining the ranks
There’s probably plenty of news that we missed. Feel free to add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.