Coming out on a Friday for the first time since the first one, here’s a snapshot of some of the news, discussions and events that have been going on:
- genzai·chi » DIY Arduino – “Starting on Wednesday the 18th of August we’ll be experimenting with themed hacksessions on a more formalised basis”
- SXSWi Panel Picker – sxswm2011’s posterous – “Voting is now live on SXSWi Panel Picker … so let’s rally as much support as possible for any panels submitted from the West Midlands”
- The Briefcast | Meshed Media – The Briefcast is a quick skim through a report about art/tech/digital/online/creativity. The kind of ones you download but never get round to reading
- We Are Fierce» Blog Archive » Karl Fredricksson’s First Email – The email that sparked Fierce’s ‘My First Email’ project
- Council Websites The Good The Bad And The Need To Improve | Talk About Local – Can a council website really cost £32000 with £500/month ongoing costs?
- New stats on the West Midlands creative workforce « D’log – “More statistics on the West Midlands creative workforce”
- CWSMC » Blog Archive » July round-up – Info about what they’ve been getting up to at the Coventry & Warwickshire Social Media Cafe
- Birmingham Post – Illustrious listing for McCann Erikson man – Oliver Disney from McCann Erickson Birmingham has been named in Media Week’s 30 under 30
- Screen WM: Events – UKTI Mission to Tokyo Games Show – “Amplifying Voices is a collaboration between The Rural Media Company, BBC Radio 4/Radio Drama and the communities of Ewyas Harold and Kington”
- Brum IxDA Reboot Meeting 15/07/2010 – Further notes – Notes from the last meeting
- Gigkick for iPhone and iPod touch on the iTunes App Store – “Gigkick will locate gigs in the city you’re in on that day. It will also connect to your Songkick profile to display your upcoming gigs”. Developed by Anthony Herron
- FLUID – summer update – Featuring work for MTV, Chrysalis Music and SEGA as well as a film poster for The Maid
There’s a bunch of events happening in the next week, including Multipack, Tech Wednesday, A Rack et Hack Hack, Likemind and Digital Playground. Check Digital Brum for info and links.
Got any news that we missed? Add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.