News of a digital nature from around the region soon to be formerly known as the West Midlands:
- UKGovCamp | Groups | Hyperlocal Govcamp West Midlands | Home – “A group for Hyperlocal Govcamp West Midlands – a smallish midweek affair for West Midlands types taking place in Walsall this September”
- Screen WM – News – New pilot scheme launched to open up digital cinema to rural Shropshire – “UK Film Council awards new consortium £400,000 to run Shropshire Rural Cinema Pilot Scheme”
- Journey times to Birmingham New Street throughout the day – “This was produced as a byproduct of programming along the way of creating Mapumental for mySociety / 4IP. The animation was actually made by Francis Irving, I just set it to music” Matthew Somerville has been at it again
- Retooled — Retooled is a place to find and share experiences of the rollercoaster of redundancy. – “This site was begun by a group of employees who were all made redundant when our company MG Rover closed’
- SUPERCOOL | Branding, design for print, web development and other digital shenanigans | Birmingham – Supercool have a new site stuffed with the work they’ve done to date
- Interview with James Walters, Tomorrow People – James talks chutney, among other things
- Makin Jan Ma Online Storytelling | Kinglux – “In order to help Makin promote his new collections in the run up to London Fashion Week, we have begun a collaborative experiment using social media platforms Facebook and Posterous”
- Screen WM – Flip International Animation Festival confirms high profile guests for November’s festival – “including Clare Kitson, the first Commissioning Editor for Animation at Channel 4, and Andy Gent, Head of Puppets on the recent film The Fantastic Mr Fox”
- Screen WM – Arcade, is now a Guinness World Record holder for creating the first stereoscopic 3D console game – “UK Blitz Arcade, the downloadable games division of Blitz Games Studios, is now a Guinness World Record holder for the first video game to use stereoscopic polarised 3D”
- Birmingham Post – Birmingham Post to produce The Definitive Marketing & PR Handbook for the West Midlands – “This September, we will be producing ‘The Definitive Marketing and PR Handbook’ West Midlands edition, which will be a 52-page high quality A5 glossy product, distributed in all copies of the Birmingham Post, and also uploaded onto the Birmingham Post website”
- TAK! – At the beginning of July 2010 – exactly six years from the day they opened – we closed the doors at TAK! Towers ti explore new ideas & ventures. It’s been fun, thanks for having us!
Got any news that we missed? Add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.